Monday, 18 March 2013

#isys1166 #twitter #icantbelieve #itweet #inclass

Hello #isys1166!

Hoping all is well at the end of week 2. As you can probably tell by the hash tagging, we were introduced to another blogging medium, Micro blogging or Twitter as we all know it.

I will admit that I am not new to Twitter, but I am new to purpose of what this class has intended its use. I am probably what is best described as a seasonal user and that is #SBSEurovision where I enjoy participating in a community of appreciators of (#funny #predictible and #comicalcommentary) European music. I was also surprised at how many of my class mates also use twitter to follow television in particular Q and A or #qanda on ABC every Monday night. I have now made a mental note to watch out tweets in particular from @zulubravo and @emilyaforrest.

Although Twitter can provide users with a sense of community by allowing them to be involved in conversation, I still am to be convinced that it can be more than following tv and celebrities and keeping comments to a mere 140 characters.

I am on a quest though, to learn something new from this and be open to this process.One thing I can say positively is that is it useful for and that is finding out what is going on in a 'just in time' basis. It is great if you are following a library, person or organisation that have lectures or events coming up that you can attend if you are free.

I apologise I haven't made this week's blog look pretty, but feel free to follow me @Kirks47.

Regards,

Liz







3 comments:

  1. Hahaha!

    Following #isys1166 with you was very funny, esp. hearing you laugh and guffaw randomly every now and then (usually in response to @zulubravo).

    Not sure you should be watching out for my QandA tweets - or if you do, don't except them to be politically astute or intelligent.

    Last Monday I got caught up in the drama of the panelist's #toupee.

    Might see you there tonight.

    Blog on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is Eurovison this year? Have I missed it?
    I love - Germany's winning song in 2010. SO cheese !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eurovision is on next month! Don't worry I'll be blogging and tweeting the count down!

      Hahahaha sooo cheese it's hilarious!

      Delete