Hello there!
Welcome to my blogspot. My name is Liz and this is where I will be sharing my blogging experiences with you as part of Document Management 1 of the Master of Information Management program.
I thought I would begin by introducing myself and providing some background. I completed a Bachelor of Performing Arts with a minor in Archeology in 2004 at Monash University with hopes of doing a Diploma of Education and becoming a drama teacher. I deferred the Dip Ed to gain some life experience and travel.
I never returned to commence the Dip Ed but I have ended up in working in education in the Vocational Education and Training as a Project Officer where knowledge management is a vital importance to my role. Having no formal training or qualifications to support this area, I decided to enrol into the Master of Information Management program and here I am!
So folks, I find myself here, where a common theme has already emerged in the first four courses I enrolled in..... BLOGGING.
Blogging is not something I am used to or know too much about. There are people out the that call themselves professional bloggers but I am yet to discover why - Do these people get paid? What on earth do they write about? Do people actually read/subscribe/follow their blogs? WHY?!
Well I can say I have stumbled on some great blogs, particularly when I have had to ask google for advice or information, there is always someone that has provided a comment on their own experience in online forums and websites. As I become accustomed to this, I'll be more than happy to share some!
My learning goals for this blogging exercise is to achieve a comfortable relationship with this form of information sharing. I guess I struggle with the concept of having to write about or share information that is visible to everyone and that it is so exposed to criticism and open for comment (not always a bad thing, but what if you got something wrong?). I am also hoping to learn how to effectively use all the web functions available, like HTML, to make my blogging space an attractive and inviting space for my MIM blogging buddies too.
I would also like to introduce my group of buddies of which will be experiencing this journey with me. Please feel free to welcome them too!
Emily, Bev and Kathrine
Wishing everyone the best of luck in whatever it is you aim to achieve through this program.
Happy Blogging!
Liz
Hi Liz,
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to working with you, I'm sure we'll learn a lot in this class.
See you tomorrow,
Kathrine
Liz - love your background!
ReplyDeleteHey Liz! I second Emily - rad background!
ReplyDelete